Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Journey Continues...

We are officially halfway through project. Yesterday, our lovely staff drove away from the Pan as we stood waving them off. We're on our own for the next five weeks. Al 61 students are responsible for the upkeep of the Pan, planning parties, outreaches, prayer meetings, providing food, planning MNL, and any other things that have to be done.

On Monday we had a special MNL. It was "Passing the Baton" from the staff to the students. Each action group honored the AGLs with a song, poem, or skit. It was a lot of fun and a good way to end our time with them. Staff then passed the leadership on to us by lighting our candles and blowing their own out. That ended the last of their direct influence in the project. The rest of the meeting was student led and focused on praying for the transition that was taking place.

I had been dreading the staff leaving because I thought that it would be scary. I guess I was actually just not wanting to say goodbye. As soon as the staff all drove away, I felt wonderful! It's so exciting for so much responsibility to be trusted to us.

I can't wait to see all that God has planned for the 61 students on project.


Perks of work: Free Ride Passes!!


My view from work yesterday.

Our fearless staff before they left.

We all piled in Courtney's car as she tried to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment